The safety of children is paramount. In order to protect any children in our care we have a duty to:
* Request that parents notify us of any existing injuries or health issues at the earliest opportunity.
* Request that parents keep us informed of their child's emotional well-being, ie, inform us of any changes in families circumstances that may affect a child's behaviour.
* Any accidents are logged in our 'accident book'.
* Fire exits are explained and clearly marked.
All our staff are DBS checked. Our Royal Academy of Dance memberships are renewed annually with all relevent insurances in place.
Our pupils must be collected from the premises immediately after class. Please inform us of any change of address / contact number. It is extremely important for us to contact you at all times.
Please be assured that all information given to us regarding yourself and your child is strictly confidential.
The Dance Factory Safe Guarding Policy
The Dance Factory will safe guard children by:
*Valuing, listening to and respecting them.
*Providing effective management through supervision, training and development.
*Ensuring safer recruitment, selection and vetting of employees.
*Ensuring that parental consent is always be given before the use of filming or photography.
*Ensuring that any events ie: The annual 'Dance Infinity' show are chaperoned appropriately, following The Somerset County Council 'Children in Entertainment' rules and regulations.
The Dance Factory Code of Conduct
*We do not tolerate bullying. Any child seen to be bullying another pupil will have their parent/guardian informed at the earliest opportunity.
*We expect all our pupils to respect each other and treat others how they wish to be treated.
*No child should make any other child feel inferior in any way.
*Children should abide by all health and safety rules whilst in The Dance Factory building, or at any other location, where they are representing The Dance
Factory.ie, Children must not leave the premises unaccompanied by a parent/guradian. Children must not leave allocated chaperones for any reason whilst under their supervision.
* In the event of a child misbehaving inappropriately, we will endeavour to resolve the situation before informing the parent/ guardian at the earliest
* Parents and pupils who are unable to follow our code of conduct will be dismissed.
Please note: All Dance Factory choreography is strictly copyright. Any pupil wishing to use our choreography must ask permission before doing
Period of Notice
All pupils wishing to terminate their classes with The Dance Factory are required to give 1 months notice in writing, in advance. This is clearly stated in the registration form terms and
The Dance Factory has the right to remove any pupil from our dance school at any time. No notice period is required, as stated in our terms and conditions.